Labels

Friday, December 9, 2016

Top 10 Most Anticipated TV Shows



10. Punisher S1


Jon Bernthal's Punisher was one of the standouts of Daredevil's season 2.  He was good enough, in fact, to earn a TV show of his own.  I am really looking forward to seeing the brute, no holds barred style that the Punisher brings to the screen when he is not being restrained by Daredevil. 


9.  Jessica Jones S2


Jessica Jones was one of those Marvel characters that I knew very little about before I decided to watch the show.  I almost immediately fell in love with the character, played by Krysten Ritter, who is a reluctant hero.  Season 1 also boasted one of Marvel's best villain portrayals, as the TV shows tend to do, so I am really looking forward to what season 2 has in store for us.


8.  Luke Cage S2


Luke Cage is a bad ass, no way around it.  He is impervious to bullets and hits like an absolute hammer, all the while maintaining the charisma to keep me intrigued on an emotional level as a viewer.  Season 1 of Luke Cage was awesome, and stylistically different from all of the other Marvel TV shows, so I cannot wait to get back into the hard hitting action in season 2.


7. Inhumans S1


If you have read my post on my top ten favorite superheroes, you will know that I have a particular fondness to the Inhumans, because of their leader Black Bolt.  We have also been able to see the Inhumans appear on multiple occasions in Marvel's Agents of Shield, and I am really excited to see if the show runners will decide to bring the show away from Earth and to Attilan.


6.  Daredevil S3


My personal favorite of the Marvel TV show universe, Daredevil, is a down to Earth, street level take on superheroes.  Still, the show manages to include ninjas, immortality, and possible saviors in the Black Sky's.  Daredevil is coming off of an amazing season 2 that left viewers with a huge cliff hanger, and I am extremely excited to see where the show goes for season 3. 


5.  Westworld S2


This show was reminiscent of one of my favorite TV shows of all time, Lost, in that it always had me guessing.  I never knew who was a host or human, or what was going to happen next, and I loved that about Westworld.  Season 1 made sure to end off on a huge twist, making viewers wish season 2 was in 2017, not 2018.


4.  The Flash S3


The Flash is by far DC's best TV show.  As Arrow continues to fall off and Legends of Tomorrow fails to reach its potential, The Flash never fails to amaze.  Despite the lackluster writing and spotty acting, the mid-season finale of season 3 has me begging for more Flash in the second half.


3.  Leftovers S2


HBO never fails to deliver, and Leftovers season 2 was no exception.  The slow, tedious build of the show finally culminating in one huge event towards the end of season 2.  I was personally in love with this finale, and the possibilities are endless for what this show can do in season 3, as it takes Game of Thrones usual spring slot.


2.  The Defenders S2


Remember all of those Marvel shows I had earlier in this list? Well, The Defenders is going to have all of those characters in one show.  My hype is through the roof for this one, and season 1 should be just the beginning of an Avengers like team up, on the street level.


1.  Game of Thrones S7


Game of Thrones is nearing its end, and we are just coming off one of the greatest seasons in TV show history.  I am expecting ice dragons, Daenerys in Westeros, and a White Walkers destruction of the wall.  Game of Thrones season 7 should be full of surprises and epic moments, and I cannot wait to experience them all.  


No comments:

Post a Comment